Allstate Insurance Sucks
Dealing with Allstate on a routine basis for personal injury claims, I know how they frustrate me to no end. However, I was interested to see the amount of Google entries for this title.
- Ironically, there has been a website formed for people to vent their frustrations against this company, appropriately named Allstate Insurance Company Sucks. This website provides past victims a place to vent their frustrations, do research, or find a “Cool Attorney.” I found it even more amusing that the site had garnered national attention and received accreditation by Forbes as the #1 Best Corporate Complaint Site.
- Outside of consumer angst, this insurance company has garnered another #1 ranking with the American Association of Justiceas the Worst Insurance Company in 2008.
- Business Week wrote an article entitled, “In Tough Hands at Allstate”, detailing the epic battle plaintiff’s attorney, David Berardinelli, has embarked upon.
- David Berardinelli wrote a book entitled, “From ‘Good Hands’, to Boxing Gloves”, it tells the story of the key role played by management consultant McKinsey & Co. in re-engineering auto insurance claims operations at Allstate Corp. (ALL ) — and it’s a story Allstate doesn’t want told.
- Allstate was banned from writing automobile insurance in Florida this year (2008).
- An article on comentitled, “Auto Insurers Play Hardball in Minor-Crash Claims”, specifically cited Allstate and State Farm for incorporating a strategy of “deny, delay, defend.”
- At press time of this article, Allstate’s newsroom, where the McKinsey Reports are located, was showing some type of “error” in trying to retrieve those documents.
Are you really in good hands? Or should you consult an attorney anytime you see a name followed by the word “insurance”?